February 3, 2012
CANADA AM Hosts Youth Mental Health Town Hall, Wednesday, Feb. 8
For Immediate Release – February, 3 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/wAaND0
Watch hosts Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV.
Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, February 6
• QUEEN’S JUBILEE: Today in Ottawa, the flag is raised on The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, and CANADA AM talks to Royal Correspondents Bonnie Brownlee and Camilla Tominey about the historic fête.
• KURT BROWNING: One of Canada’s best know Figure Skaters shares how he warmed to the idea of being the spokesperson for Red Rose® Tea’s “Share the Warmth” campaign that donates pots of tea to registered Canadian charities to help people in need.
• SPIDER’S WEB: CANADA AM gets inside this donation run facility giving teens in the Jane and Finch neighborhood of Toronto a place to practice boxing, access computers and library materials. It is named after Canadian Hall of Fame boxer Spider Jones who founded the facility.
• DEBRA MESSING: The curtain rises on CTV’s highly anticipated new musical SMASH tonight! CANADA AM talks to Messing about the exciting new show that also stars Katharine McPhee and Megan Hilty.
• THE RIVER: Producer Oren Peli joins CANADA AM to talk about the new series that follows Dr. Emmet Cole (Bruce Greenwood) after he goes missing deep in the Amazon.
Tuesday, February 7
• LOVE YOUR ROSES: CANADA AM’s gardening expert, Mark Cullen looks at the quintessential Valentine’s Day flower, and offers tips on how to tame this temperamental plant and make its blooms last.
• KIDS’ FINANCIAL LITERACY: How young is too young to be financially responsible? CANADA AM finds out from chartered accountant Robin Taub, author of A Parent’s Guide for Raising Money-Smart Kids.
Wednesday, February 8 – Bell Let’s Talk Day
• YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH TOWN HALL: CANADA AM puts the spotlight on children’s mental health in front of a live studio audience. According to Children’s Mental Health Ontario, one in five children will struggle with their mental health, but 85% will not get the treatment they need.
• LET’S TALK: Medical experts Dr. Marshall Koremblum, Psychiatrist-in-Chief from the Hincks-Dellcrest Centre, and Ian Manion, Executive Director of the Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health, outline the signs, the symptoms and treatment options.
• LIVE CHAT: Experts Jasey Carey of Kids Help Phone and CAMH’s Dr. Umesh Jain are available live at www.canadaam.ctv.ca to talk with Canadians during the program. Viewers can e-mail in questions to AMMentalHealth@bellmedia.ca.
Thursday, February 9
• JANN ARDEN: Joins CANADA AM for a special half-hour including a candid conversation about her new book Falling Backwards and an exclusive performance. To be part of the studio audience email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WINTERLUDE: Jeff Hutcheson is live from Ottawa to take in the sights and sounds of Winterlude 2012.
• ALI VELSHI: CNN’s money man with Canadian roots is in studio to chat about his new book Gimme My Money Back.
• ELIZABETH THE QUEEN: New York Times bestselling author, Sally Bedell Smith pulls back the curtain on the public and private lives of Queen Elizabeth II and this morning she discusses her intimate study of one of the world’s most enigmatic women with CANADA AM.
Friday, February 10
• WINE & CHOCOLATE PAIRING: Well known wine writer, Natalie Maclean pairs wine with chocolate and talks about her new book Unquenchable.
• IN THE HEIGHTS: Cast from the Tony Award winning musical performs a special number on the CANADA AM Soundstage this morning.
• IS YOGA BAD FOR YOU? CANADA AM debunks the risks and rewards of Yoga with author William J. Broad who wrote the book The Science of Yoga.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- END -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or email@example.com
Emily Young Lee, Bell Media, 416-384-3004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
> Print friendly version