February 10, 2012
This Week on CANADA AM – Michael Caine, Channing Tatum, Ivanka Trump, Nicholas Cage and more…
For Immediate Release – February, 10 2012
To tweet these highlights:http://bit.ly/x1CEnT
Watch hosts Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV.
Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, February 13
• DR. OZ: Beverly Thomson catches up with this health crusader for a sit down interview focusing on his fight against obesity, his career, and his life today.
• VALENTINE’S DAY TIPS: Relationship expert Jennifer Kirsch tackles viewers questions about Valentine’s Day protocol to ensure a blissful, love filled day.
• SIR MICHAEL CAINE: The celebrated actor chats this morning about the new 3D family adventure film Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Caine plays Alexander Anderson, a grandfather, who is missing on a mythical island.
Tuesday, February 14
• IS MARRIAGE FOR WHITE PEOPLE? Marci Ien interviews Stanford Professor Ralph Richard Banks who wrote the much-talked about book after discovering more than two out of three black women are unmarried. He gives reasons for this surprising statistic and explains how this trend affects everyone.
• REALITIES OF RETIREMENT: Gordon Pape, finance expert and author of Harsh New Realities of Retirement has some common sense advice to Canadians about avoiding the pitfalls of the Canadian pension plan and tax system.
• THE VOW: This Valentine’s Day, CANADA AM chats with Channing Tatum about this new film based on a true love story where he plays the husband of young woman (Rachel McAdams) who loses her memory in a car accident.
Wednesday, February 15
• IVANKA TRUMP: Marci Ien catches up with the Donald’s daughter for a personal tour of the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Toronto.
• MUTUAL FUNDS 101: BMO’s Head of Investments, Serge Pepin explains how mutual funds work and if they are the safest investment vehicle for retirement savings when put to the test.
• ARCTIC ARTIST: Cory Trepanier has explored some of the most beautiful and wild places in the Canadian Arctic. He’s made his work into a documentary Into the Arctic and shares his paintings of the north this morning.
Thursday, February 16
• SAFEST RRSP’S: Investing made simple, tips on the most secure ways to invest those hard-earned dollars.
• CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW: It’s the biggest auto show in the country and throughout the morning, automotive journalist Petrina Gentile gives us a tour of this year’s best and announces the Canadian Car of the Year. Also, CANADA AM speaks with Dianne Craig, CEO of Ford Canada.
• BLINDS & SHADES: CANADA AM interior design expert Karl Lohnes raises the conversation on window covering trends and tips.
Friday, February 17
• NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: Fashion Television’s Jeanne Beker drops by the CANADA AM studio with the scoop on the latest fashions debuting on the runway.
• NICHOLAS CAGE: He stars as Johnny Blaze, in upcoming thriller Ghost Rider – Spirit of Vengeance and this morning he talks about the making of the action film with CANADA AM.
• FILM FRIDAY: Richard Crouse reviews two new titles in theatres this week including; Ghost Rider – Spirit of Vengeance and This Means War.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- END -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Young Lee, Bell Media, 416-384-3004 or email@example.com
> Print friendly version