February 29, 2012
And the Winner is … ETALK Canadians Vote for CTV’s ETALK for Awards Season Coverage
– 754,000 viewers watch ETALK’s post-OSCAR® show on Monday night –
– As ETALK celebrates its historic 10th Anniversary Season, series sees year over year growth, up 67% since 2008/09 –
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/xkzYGC
Toronto, ON (February 29, 2012) – With the Oscars now over, a look at data from BBM Canada confirms that ETALK was the overwhelming choice for Canadian red carpet and awards show coverage. Leading with the GOLDEN GLOBES®, and followed by the OSCAR® nominations, the Screen Actors Guild Awards®, the GRAMMY Awards, and THE 84th ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS®, ETALK consistently lead ET CANADA in total viewers and in all the key demos.
• ETALK’s coverage of THE 69TH ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS on Jan. 16, garnered 13% more viewers than ET CANADA (683,000 vs. 606,000), and also saw 40% more viewers in the key A18-34 demo.
• Following the reveal of this year’s OSCAR nominees on Jan. 24, ETALK secured 49% more viewers than ET CANADA (625,000 vs. 419,000), and had 81% more viewers in the key A18-49 demo.
• After the Screen Actors Guild Awards had been handed out, 54% more viewers turned to ETALK than ET CANADA on Jan. 30 (686,000 vs. 446,000). ETALK also lead in the key demos A18-34 (+157%), A18-49 (+106%), and A25-54 (+110%).
• Music’s big night lead 828,000 Canadians to choose ETALK for its GRAMMY Award coverage, 23% more than ET CANADA (671,000) on Feb. 13.
• Following the conclusion of awards season with THE 84th ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS, ETALK again bested ET CANADA in total viewers on Feb. 27, with 754,000 turning to the Canadian market leader, a 20% increase over ET CANADA’s 626,000.
** Media Note ** Download photos for ETALK at BellMediaPR.ca
“ETALK’s tenth season continues where it began, with ETALK firmly implanted as Canada's most-watched and most-trusted home grown entertainment show,” said Morley Nirenberg, Director of Production/Executive Producer, ETALK. “As we end another amazing Hollywood award season, the response from viewers has been truly overwhelming.”
ETALK remains the destination Canadians turn to for their entertainment news, both from home and south of the border. ETALK has experienced growth in total viewers for the past three seasons in a row. This season alone, ETALK has grown 11% vs. 2010/11, as well as an impressive 7% increase in the key young demos A18-34 and A18-49. Currently averaging 622,000 viewers per episode, ETALK has grown +11% vs. same weeks from 2010-11, +29% vs. same weeks from 2009-10, and +67% vs. same weeks from 2008-09.
With its unparalleled awards season coverage, ETALK has gained momentum throughout its current anniversary season, growing 12% among A18-34, 10% among A18-49, and 7% among A25-54, compared to its fall average*.
Episodes of ETALK are available on demand the day following their television broadcast on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca. Viewers can also get up-to-the-minute entertainment news by following ETALK on Twitter at @etalkctv. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV and 6 p.m. ET on E! (visit CTV.ca and eonline.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Ben Mulroney – @BenMulroney1976
Tanya Kim – @Tanya_Kim
Danielle McGimsie – @MissDMcG
Traci Melchor – @stayfabulous
Lainey – @LaineyGossip
Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the Oscars® and the Emmys® to the JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became Canada’s first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET (check local listings) on CTV and at 6 p.m. ET on E!
CTV, Canada’s Olympic Network, is also Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada’s most-watched television network and lead broadcaster of the London 2012 Olympic Games. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at ctv.ca.
– CTV –
Source: BBM Canada
Weeks 4-26, 2011/2012 vs. 2008/2009, 2009/2010 and 2010/2011
* Sept 19, 2011 – Dec 11, 2011 vs. Jan 2, 2012 – Feb 26, 2012
For more information, please contact:
Christy Sullivan, CTV and CTV Two, 416.384.3624 or email@example.com
Allie Page, CTV and CTV Two, 416.384.4596 or firstname.lastname@example.org
> Print friendly version