March 22, 2012
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL Celebrates 25 Years of Daytime Television, March 26 on CTV
– Soap series named the “Most Popular Daytime Soap Currently on TV” by Guinness World Records® –
– B&B returns to Italy for five days of shooting that will span eight to ten episodes of the daytime drama –
– B&B star Jack Wagner currently competing in an all new season of DANCING WITH THE STARS –
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/GI8hMa
Toronto, ON (March 22, 2012) – After 25 years of dynamic and poignant storylines, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL marks its silver anniversary on March 23, 2012. To celebrate this exciting milestone, the popular EMMY® Award-winning daytime drama presents a special anniversary episode filled with flashbacks airing Monday, March 26 at 1: 30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and (encore presentation airs Mar. 27 at 1 p.m. ET on CTV Two). Having first premiered on March 23, 1987,THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL storyline focuses on the trials and tribulations of the beautiful and affluent people of the fashion world in Beverly Hills. Since then, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL has received more than 140 Daytime EMMY® Award nominations and 40 Daytime EMMY® Awards by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The daytime series is also seen daily by more than 35 million people in more than 100 countries around the world.
**Media Note** Photography for THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL is available online at BellMediaPR.ca.
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL's 25th anniversary storylines center around families gathering and long standing grievances being set aside for the anniversary party of matriarch Stephanie (Susan Flannery) and patriarch Eric (John McCook); the love triangle between step sisters Hope (Kim Matula) and Steffy (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) with Liam (Scott Clifton); the interference of Brooke (Katherine Kelly Lang), Ridge (Ronn Moss), Taylor (Hunter Tylo), Bill (Don Diamont) and Katie (Heather Tom) into Hope; Steffy and Liam’s love life; Hope’s ongoing therapy with Dr. Stacy Barton (Hillary B. Smith) to deal with her deep seeded intimacy issues; the engagement of Marcus (Texas Battle) and Dayzee (Kristolyn Lloyd) and the introduction of a new character, Caroline (Linsey Godfrey), who is connected to a core character’s past and future.
This May, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL returns to Italy’s southern coast for five days of shooting that will span eight to ten episodes of the daytime drama which viewers can look forward to. Fans of the daytime drama can also watch actor Jack Wagner (who plays Dominick Payne in B&B) jive, samba and foxtrot as he competes in an all new season of the popular reality competition series DANCING WITH THE STARS, airing Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on CTV Two.
Throughout its long history, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL has:
• Remained current and topical with strong story-lines touching on suicide, HIV, drug and alcohol dependency, rape, homelessness, aging out of foster care, child abuse and the trauma of serious illness interspersed with the traditional and fast-paced family drama surrounding the fashion and publishing dynasties of the Forrester, Logan and Spencer families.
• Been a platform for now well-known stars such as Jennifer Finnigan, Usher, Kellan Lutz, Gilles Marini, Michael Clarke Duncan, Vanessa Minnillo and Lindsay Price to break into show business.
• Allowed for many of Hollywood's most famous names to appear on the show, including recent long-term recurring roles by Phyllis Diller, Patrick Duffy, Betty White and THE AMAZING RACE stars Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas.
• Been the recipient of three consecutive Daytime Entertainment Emmy® awards for “Outstanding Daytime Drama Series”, six consecutive Golden Nymph International TV Audience Awards in the “Telenovela/Soap Opera” category at the Monte Carlo Television Festival.
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, created by the late William J. Bell and his wife, Lee Phillip Bell, is currently written and executive produced by William and Lee's son, Bradley, and boasts four original cast members who remain integral parts of the story structure: Susan Flannery (Stephanie Forrester), Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan), John McCook (Eric Forrester) and Ronn Moss (Ridge Forrester).
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL is a Bell-Phillip Television production, broadcast Weekdays at 1:30 p.m. ET on CTV and 1 p.m. ET on CTV Two. Bradley Bell is the Executive Producer and Head Writer.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV, Canada’s Olympic Network, is also Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada’s most-watched television network and lead broadcaster of the London 2012 Olympic Games. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at ctv.ca.
– CTV –
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Almeida, CTV and CTV Two, 416.384.2129 or email@example.com
Allie Page, CTV and CTV Two, 416.384.4596 or firstname.lastname@example.org
> Print friendly version