May 11, 2012
Next Week on CANADA AM – Alan Doyle, Liam Neeson, Marnie McBean, a Patio Party to Kick-Off the Summer, and More…
For Immediate Release – May 11, 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/KNGqST
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, May 14
• ALAN DOYLE: After almost 20 years with Great Big Sea, Doyle steps out on his own with a solo album Boy on a Bridge. This morning he performs his first single, I’ve Seen a Little, on the CANADA AM Soundstage.
• LEONARD COHEN TRIBUTE: As the Glenn Gould Foundation gets set to honour his six-decade body of work tonight at the Gala CANADA AM convenes a panel of experts on the life and work Leonard Cohen.
• WEIGHT LOSS BOSS: CEO of Weight Watchers International, David Kirchhoff, talks about his new book about taking charge of food choices in an out-of-control food world.
Tuesday, May 15
• PATIO DRINK POINTERS: With the first long weekend of the summer comes the temptation of extra calories from patio drinks. Nutritionist Karlene Karst talks about what to order to help keep off the pounds.
• WAVE WARRIORS: It’s surfs up when DAILY PLANET co-hosts Ziya Tong and Dan Riskin join the CANADA AM crew for a preview of “Wave Warriors Week”, all about the machines and people that float, dive, hover and speed across the oceans.
• BATHING BEAUTIES: CANADA AM has tips and tricks from Liliana Mann, the owner of the Linea Intima boutiques, to help find the perfect bathing suit for the summer season.
Wednesday, May 16
• PATIO PARTY: CANADA AM gets the latest trends in patio furniture and accessories from designer Brian Gluckstein and grilling guru Ted Reader heats up BBQ with fresh recipe ideas.
• PINK BUS TOUR: Beverly Thomson boards the Canadian Breast Cancer’s mobile awareness mobile for a sneak peak behind this new program that visits communities across Ontario this summer. “The Pink Tour”, kicks off in London, ON, May 23, 2012.
• CHAI TEA SUNDAYS: A novel that explores one woman’s determination to find hope in a world fraught with adversity by first time Canadian author Heather A. Clark.
Thursday, May 17
• LIAM NEESON: Beverly Thomson talks Neeson about his new film Battleship, based on the Hasbro’s classic naval combat game.
• SUMMER SHADES: CANADA AM looks at the best summer sunglasses styles with Amin Mamdani from Josephson Opticians.
• ROYAL YACHT BRITANNIA: It’s host to some of the most famous people in the world, but above all she was home to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and The Royal Family. Travel expert, Loren Christie goes to Edinburgh for a tour of this spectacular ship, plays the same piano as Princess Diana, discovers the Queen’s favourite place and finds out why a Rolls Royce still resides onboard.
Friday, May 18
• MARNIE MCBEAN: She is a three-time Olympic Gold Medallist in Rowing and studio analyst for coverage of the sport at London 2012. McBean is no stranger to achieving big goals and in her new book The Power of More she shares how to achieve big things one step at a time.
• MARION ROSS: Former HAPPY DAYS star is currently in Toronto on stage in the production of Lost in Yonkers, a play by Neil Simon that won the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
• FILM FRIDAY: CANADA AM’s film critic, Richard Crouse, reviews Battleship and What to Expect When You’re Expecting.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416-384-3154 or email@example.com
> Print friendly version