June 1, 2012
Next Week on CANADA AM – Diamond Jubilee Special, Dan Rather, Bill Nye (the Science Guy), Nelly Furtado, and More…
For Immediate Release – June 1, 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/KmISz4
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, June 4
Monday, June 4
• PRINCE ANDREW & DIAMOND JUBILEE WEEKEND: CANADA AM offers Canadians an extended version of Lisa LaFlamme’s exclusive interview with Prince Andrew at Buckingham palace along with a recap of the weekend’s celebrations with CTV’s Royal Correspondent Christopher Warwick.
• FIFTY SIDES OF THE BEACH BOYS: This morning on CANADA AM, Toronto writer Mark Dillon appears to talk about his new book, Fifty Sides of The Beach Boys. Marking 50 years since the formation of the band, Dillon spoke to 50 people - everyone from Mike Love, to drummer Hal Blaine and Alice Cooper – about 50 songs and how they came to be.
• CORY VITIELLO: Toronto’s Harbord Room chef shares a grilling trio with CANADA AM viewers: a starter, ceviche, and a main course. Tune in for the perfect pairing for summer cocktails.
Tuesday, June 5
• DIAMOND JUBILEE SPECIAL – 5 – 7 a.m. ET: CANADA AM provides live coverage of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations CTV's Royal Correspondent Christopher Warwick will follow the Royal family as they gather at the historic St. Paul's Cathedral for a special service followed by lunch at Westminster Hall. This and more will be featured in the live two-hour CANADA AM special “Queen Elizabeth Celebrating 60 Years”.
• BILL NYE: Yes, the Science Guy! Today, Nye talks about how parents can keep kids engaged and prevent the “summer brain drain”.
• NELLY FURTADO: Getting ready to light up the MMVA stage, June 17, is JUNO and Grammy®-winning global phenomenon, record producer and actress Nelly Furtado. This morning she performs her new single “Big Hoops” from her upcoming album - “The Spirit Indestructible” on the CANADA AM Soundstage.
Wednesday, June 6
• MARK CULLEN’S FARM: This morning, Jeff Hutcheson is down on the farm – CANADA AM gardening expert Mark Cullen’s, farm that is. Cullen shows him around the property where he lovingly cultivates everything from peonies to Japanese lilacs trees and veggies grown from seed. Cullen also has tips on nesting boxes for birds including hummingbirds and woodpeckers.
• ADULT SUMMER READS: Founder & CEO of Indigo Books, Heather Reisman, reveals “Heather’s Picks” for adults to read this summer, on the beach and everywhere in between.
• SUMMER PHOTOS: Cool photo ideas to help capture the heat of the summer. Taylor Jones, Founder of DearPhotograph.com has some suggestions on how to take out-of-the-box photos this summer.
Thursday, June 7
• GARAGE SALE 101: As the saying goes “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure,” and CANADA AM this morning has tips for both sellers and buyers on how to be a safe seller, and pick out the treasures from the trash.
• KID SUMMER READS: Founder & CEO of Indigo Books, Heather Reisman, reveals “Heather’s Picks” to keep the kids reading and learning during the summer months.
• BE BUG-FREE: Mariko Izumi internationally acclaimed female angler has tips on how to stay bug-free without spraying a thing, including; recognizing and avoiding mosquito-prone spots, choosing the right clothing to repel the bugs, and leaving the strong fragrances at home.
Friday, June 8
• DAN RATHER: CANADA AM spends a special half hour with this giant of journalism. He’s recently released his memoir, Rather Outspoken, in which he addresses the big stories, big controversies, and reflects on the state of journalism today and where he believes its future is headed. Rather shares in this book and with CANADA AM many never-before-heard stories behind the newscast.
• NICO ROSBERG: This Formula 1 driver talks to CANADA AM about his 2nd place finish at the Monaco race and the upcoming Grand Prix du Canada in Montreal.
• WHAT KIDS SHOULD WEAR? Canadian Family Magazine’s Jennifer Reynolds has tips for parents on shopping for special occasion dressing for the summer.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416-384-3154 or email@example.com
> Print friendly version