June 8, 2012
Next Week on CANADA AM – Man Week, Live from Fort George, Scout Willis, Nik Wallenda, and More…
For Immediate Release – June 8, 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/K62irw
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, June 11
• HOT RODS AND MUSCLE CARS: Gentlemen, start your engines! CANADA AM kicks off “Man Week” with the heavy horsepower hot rods and muscle cars. The Globe and Mail’s Patrina Gentile show why size matters in this world where a V8 engine handily trumps a 4-cylinder.
• FAT BUSTERS OR FAT CHANCE?: This morning on CANADA AM, nutritional expert Karlene Karst gets beyond the hype about raspberry ketones, green tea, and coconut water’s promise to burn fat. Do they work or could they just be burning a hole in your wallet? Find out on CANADA AM.
• CELEBRITY CONCIERGE: Celebrity concierge Michael Fazio joins CANADA AM with tips to smart summer travel, and he shows us how to make the most of playing tourist in your own city.
Tuesday, June 12
• DR. MICKEY LESTER: The noted Canadian pediatrician recently released his first book, "Say AAAH": A Common Sense A to Z Guide to those 'AAAHsome' Years, Newborn to Age 5. This morning he chats with CANADA AM and answers viewer questions.
• ULTIMATE GUY STUFF: Sebastien Centner, is a man about town who knows how to entertain and look good while doing it. Today he shows off the ultimate in male fashion, accessories, and gadgets.
Wednesday, June 13
• CANADA AM LIVE FROM FORT GEORGE: This morning, CANADA AM takes viewers back in time as they dedicate the show to the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812 and broadcast live from Historic Fort George, headquarters for the Centre Division Army during the War of 1812. Viewers are encouraged to come out and watch and admission is free from 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. ET.
• LAURA SECORD: CANADA AM speaks to a descendent of the Canadian heroine of the War of 1812, known for warning British forces of an impending American attack that led to the British victory at the Battle of Beaver Dams.
• MILITARY FASHION THRUGH THE AGES: As we approach the bicentennial of the War of 1812, CANADA AM takes a look at military garb through the ages.
Thursday, June 14
• MANCAVE MEETS PATIO: As summer beckons CANADA AM serves up tips on transforming a section of the patio into a comfy outdoor man-cave with Design Expert Karl Lohnes.
• SCOUT WILLIS: The daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore makes her debut on the CANADA AM Soundstage along with Gus Wenner, with their act “Gus + Scout.”
• CHRIS CLEAVE: The celebrated British author of New York Times #1 bestseller Little Bee joins CANADA AM to chat about his new buzz worthy novel, Gold, which takes a look at the world of professional cycling.
Friday, June 15
• WALLENDA CROSSING THE FALLS: This morning, CANADA AM sends CTV News Reporter Omar Sachedina to report live from the Niagara Falls where high wire artist Nik Wallenda will cross the Falls in a daredevil display later in the day.
• BURGERS AND BEER: CANADA AM bellies up to the barbeque, in the finale of “Man Week”, with three top Toronto chefs squaring off in competition to create the best burger, and serve up the best accompanying brew.
• FILM FRIDAY: CANADA AM’s Film Expert, Richard Crouse reviews the movie version of Rock of Ages, and That’s My Boy, staring Adam Sandler.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or email@example.com
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416-384-3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
> Print friendly version