June 15, 2012
Next Week on CANADA AM – Summer Toy Week, The Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson & Mike Love, Olympians Marie-Pier Boudreau-Gagnon & Catharine Pendrel, and More…
For Immediate Release – June 15, 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/LNk4iS
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, June 18
• PARK PLAY: Kicking off “Summer Toy Week,” Mastermind Toys Founder and Head Toy Buyer, John Levy, showcases toys for the park.
• MARIE-PIER BOUDREAU-GAGNON: She has been making waves on Synchro Canada’s national team since 1998, and will be headed to her second Olympic Games this summer. CANADA AM’s Jeff Hutcheson catches up with Marie-Pier on dry land to talk about what inspired her to start competing in synchronized swimming and her goals heading into the London 2012 Games.
• EAT LIKE AN OLYMPIAN: Performance dietician for Team Canada, Kelly Anne Erdman shows CANADA AM viewers how to stock the fridge for success, and eat like an Olympian.
Tuesday, June 19
• INDOOR PLAY: John Levy returns with boredom busters for rainy days this summer: from playing dress-up, to mobile soccer matches, and even taking a trip through tunnels, he’s got it all covered.
• CANADIANA-THEMED BBQ: The Chef from Ruby Watchco, Lynn Crawford, shows viewers how to prepare a grilled feast for Canada Day. Also, pairings with Ontario wines from Inniskillin, keeping it perfectly Canadiana for Canada Day.
• BIRTHDAY DATING ETIQUETTE: As she approaches her birthday, relationship expert Jen Kirsch talks about how to deal with such celebrations with a significant other, and what landmines to avoid.
Wednesday, June 20
• BACKYARD PLAY: Toys to discover the fun of the outdoors. From digging in the garden, catching butterflies, water fun, and even hitting the mini links, John Levy knows how to turn the backyard into a discovery zone this summer.
• BEACH BOYS: Beverly Thomson is talking “California Dreaming” and so much more with two members of The Beach Boys – Brian Wilson and Mike Love.
• TASTE OF THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES: Continuing CANADA AM’s Taste of the Provinces series, Canadian Living’s Annabelle Waugh takes viewers up north for the unique eats found in the NWT.
Thursday, June 21
• TWILIGHT PLAY: Bright fun in the dark! John Levy has toys that glow and keep the play going into the summer night.
• CATHARINE PENDREL: Jeff Hutcheson sits down with defending World Champion mountain biker to talk about her interest in the sport and her focus heading toward London 2012.
• BEST SELF TANNERS: Sunless is the safest tan of all, says The Kit’s beauty editor Janine Falcon. Today, Janine shows her picks to get an all-over glow without the mess or the smell long associated with the tan in a bottle.
Friday, June 22
• POOL PLAY: Splish splash toys to have fun and keep cool with the kids this summer are the final focus of “Summer Toy Week” with John Levy.
• SUNSCREEN: Soak up the sun without the sunburn! Dermatologist Dr. Paul Cohen has his picks for safe sun this summer. Should it be 15 or 45? Cohen breaks down what the SPF number means and sneaky ways to get extra protection.
• FILM FRIDAY: CANADA AM’s Film Expert, Richard Crouse, reviews Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, and Brave.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416-384-3154 or email@example.com
> Print friendly version