January 4, 2013
This Week on CANADA AM – Shaun Majumder, Wendel Clark, A Week of Weddings, Superfood Quinoa, and More…
To Tweet this alert: http://bit.ly/Xsr10l
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, and contributor gift ideas.
Monday, Jan. 7
• MAJUMDER MANOR: Inspired to give back to his hometown of Burlington, Newfoundland, Canadian comic Shawn Majumder builds a boutique, eco-luxe inn, as chronicled in a new 12-part documentary series.
• ZACH BONNER: When he was seven years old, Bonner founded The Little Red Wagon, a non-profit charity to help the 1.3 million homeless children in the U.S. in the wake of Hurricane Charlie. Now 18 years old, he joins CANADA AM with the latest updates of his foundation.
• LESLIE BECK: CANADA AM welcomes the nutrition expert to discuss her new book, The Plant-Based Power Diet: 10 Simple Steps to a Healthier, Leaner, Energetic You.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
• WEDDINGS INSPIRED BY MOVIES: CANADA AM launches a three-part wedding week series with a look at inspiring ideas from some of Hollywood’s greatest films.
• WENDEL CLARK: The retired Canadian professional hockey player chats with CANADA AM about the Mars Project which supports the birthplace of great hockey players, the local rink.
• BEST PRODUCTS OF 2013: CANADA AM Welcomes Robert Levy, founder and President of BrandSpark International and Best New Product Awards, talks about the winners of the best new products of 2012.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
• YOUR SIGNATURE WEDDING: Beyond something old, something new – CANADA AM looks at ways to add your personal flair on the big day by taking an item close to your heart and incorporating it into your wedding theme.
• QUINOA REIGNS SUPREME: Packed with protein, CANADA AM takes a close look at why 2013 will be the year of the lofty grain.
• MARC SALTZMAN: Tech guru Marc Saltzman chats with CANADA AM live from the Consumer Electronics Show, with a look at the latest and greatest tech gadgets of 2013.
Thursday, Jan. 10
• OSCAR NOMINATION DAY: CANADA AM’s resident film critic Richard Crouse is joined by Maxim Magazine’s film reviewer Pete Hammond in LA with a hot-off-the-press rundown on today’s Oscar nominations.
• WEDDING WOW FACTOR: Food trucks, special entertainment for your youngster guests, and custom party favors – CANADA AM looks at ways to up the wow factor when you say “I do.”
Friday, Jan. 11
• YOUNG COUNTRY: Ottawa’s up-and-coming singer, Jordan McIntosh hits the CANADA AM stage to croon a country tune.
• GROWING UP CAPONE: CANADA AM welcomes Deirdre Marie Capone, the 70-year-old great niece of notorious mobster Al Capone. Her memoir, Uncle Al Capone recounts memories of her uncle as a family man, and the hardships she faced growing up with burden of her infamous surname.
• RICHARD’S REVIEW: CANADA AM’s film critic Richard Crouse reviews gritty new releases Gangster Squad and the hotly anticipated Zero Dark Thirty.
Now in its 40th Season, CANADA AM is Canada’s national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Patricia Garcia, Bell Media, 416.384.2645 or email@example.com
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416.384.3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
> Print friendly version