February 15, 2013
Next Week on CANADA AM – OSCAR® Nominees; Singer Sent to Space; Josh Groban Co-Hosts; and more…
To tweet this alert: http://bit.ly/12pUpGi
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, and contributor gift ideas.
Monday, Feb. 18
• OSCAR WEEK: CANADA AM kicks off the week with Canadian OSCAR®-nominated composer Mychael Danna (Life of Pi). He stops by before heading to L.A. for the star-studded award show.
• ADHD ADULTS: CANADA AM talks with Dr. Timothy Bilkey, Director of the Ontario Bilkey ADHD Clinic, about how 4% of Canadian adults suffer from ADHD but only one in 10 are diagnosed. Bilkey shares the facts behind the statistics as well as advice for dealing with adult ADHD.
• SECRET SCREENINGS: Director of Secret Cinema, Fabien Riggall tells CANADA AM how he’s making movie screenings a completely interactive experience by bringing in live actors who bring the films to life.
Tuesday, Feb. 19
• BLACK HISTORY MONTH: CANADA AM and a panel featuring Black leaders of tomorrow trace the origins of Black History Month and addresses why it is important for all Canadians.
• SURF’S UP: Brian Byrne, the lead singer of Canadian-rock band I Mother Earth, visits the show to highlight the unique sports-based therapy “Surfers Healing Camp” that helps children cope with autism.
• OSCAR® WEEK: Yan England, the Canadian producer and director of THE OSCAR® nominated film Henry, speaks with CANADA AM about how his deceased grandfather’s battle with Alzheimer’s disease provided the inspiration for the short film.
Wednesday, Feb. 20
• SINGER IN SPACE: World renowned Soprano Sarah Brightman visits CANADA AM to chat about her upcoming journey to become the first musician to travel to the International Space Station.
• BREAST CANCER: THE MUSICAL: Find out what inspired two high school drama teachers to turn their experiences dealing with breast cancer into a play.
• IS WORK KILLING YOU?: CANADA AM and Dr. David Posen look at workplace stress and whether e-mail is the worst enemy. Plus viewers find out how to understand and deal with the pressures of the workplace.
Thursday, Feb. 21
• MICHAEL BOLTON: GRAMMY®-award winning rock musician Michael Bolton visits CANADA AM to talk about his new memoir “The Soul of it All: My Music, My Life.”
• OSCAR® NOMINEE HIGHLIGHTS: With THE OSCARS® fast approaching, CANADA AM showcases the 2013 OSCAR®-nominee highlights.
• LINDA STAAL: The ultimate hockey mom – mother to four NHL players (Eric, Jared, Jordan, and Marc Staal) – faces off with CANADA AM.
Friday, Feb. 22
• JOSH GROBAN: Multi-platinum singer Josh Groban joins the CANADA AM desk as co-host for the morning. There, he’ll chat with Marci and Jeff about the week’s events, interview guests, and opens up about his personal life.
• OSCAR® PANEL: Josh Groban and CANADA AM’s film critic Richard Crouse join an OSCAR® panel, weighing in on this year’s nominees and sharing their winning picks.
About CANADA AM
Now in its 40th Season, CANADA AM is Canada’s national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
Social Media Links:
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Julie MacFarlane, Bell Media, 416.384.4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416.384.3154 or email@example.com
> Print friendly version