March 2, 2012
This Week On CANADA AM – Johnny Reid, Jason Mraz, Margaret Atwood, Emeli Sandé, Kristi Yamaguchi, and more…
For Immediate Release – March 2, 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/wnuQew
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien, and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, March 5
• FASTEST TO THE BOTTOM WINS! Canadian brothers Kyle and Scott Croxall join CANADA AM to talk about what it’s like to skate down a 550-metre urban ice track. They will be competing against the best ice cross downhill athletes from around the world at the 2012 Red Bull Crashed Ice World Championship Finals in Quebec City.
• JELL-O ANYONE? Dr. Monica Kidd investigates the state of hospital food across Canada - why it’s the first budget to get cut and how health-care is improving the status of hospital fare.
• DITCH THIS… GET THAT: Find out some of the best new products that have won the seal of approval from Parent Tested Parent Approved.
Tuesday, March 6
• JASON MRAZ: With a new album coming out in April, singer-songwriter Mraz performs three songs in front of a live studio audience on the CANADA AM Soundstage.
• PAYBACK: Based on Margaret Atwood’s book and brought to life by filmmaker Jennifer Baichwal, the pair joins CANADA AM to talk about the movie that premiered at Sundance and opens across Canada later this month.
Wednesday, March 7
• EMELI SANDÉ: Her debut album Our Version Of Events went platinum in the UK after only two weeks. Sandé is one of Britain’s top rising stars winning the BRITs Critics’ Choice Award at the 2012 Brit Awards - An award previously won by Adele. This morning she brings her act to the CANADA AM Soundstage.
• KRISTI YAMAGUCHI: Figure skater turned children’s author, Yamaguchi talks about her second book called Big World, Little Pig, a sequel to her first book Dream Big, Little Pig. All of the proceeds benefit early childhood literacy programs supported by her Always Dream Foundation.
• LIVE LIKE A QUEEN: CANADA AM’s design expert Karl Lohnes shares must have British products that also have the Royal seal of approval.
Thursday, March 8
• JOHNNY REID AT HOME: Reid and his wife welcome CANADA AM to their Nashville home for an exclusive interview and tour. The pair shares intimate details of family life, and they discuss his upcoming tour and album as Reid plans to take his musical calling even higher.
• CORONATION STREET: Four former cast members join a live studio audience to talk about the longest running British Soap Opera.
• APPLE iPAD 3: Tech journalist, Marc Saltzman has the scoop for CANADA AM as he joins Beverly and Marci live following an invite only Apple event which is widely rumored to include the announcement of the iPad 3.
Friday, March 9
• JOHNNY REID TOUR: One-on-one with Beverly in the historic village of Lieper’s Fork, just outside Nashville, Reid takes viewers to his favourite places.
• FAULTLINES & FUKUSHIMA: DAILY PLANET co-host Ziya Tong joins CANADA AM to talk about the one-year anniversary of the 9.0 earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
• GORD BAMFORD: Country music singer performs his new release “Is It Friday Yet?” on the CANADA AM Soundstage and talks about the national tour he’s about to embark on.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- END -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or email@example.com
Emily Young Lee, Bell Media, 416-384-3004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2011 All rights reserved. Bell Media Television