August 10, 2012
This Week on CANADA AM – Reflections on London 2012, Daniel Powter, Paul Brandt, Casey Affleck, and more…
For Immediate Release – August 10, 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/OPKMGe
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, August 13
• REFLECTIONS ON LONDON 2012: CANADA AM closes out the Games reviewing the highs and lows of London 2012 and looking at how Canada’s medal-winning Olympians can transform their sporting success into a financial security.
• JOE CARTER: The former Blue Jays player chats with CANADA AM about his third annual celebrity charity golf tournament benefitting The Children’s Aid Foundation.
• PAUL BRANDT: He has won more awards than any other male artist in Canadian Country Music history, and he’s set to release his 11th album called Just As I Am. Brandt performs his new single “I'll Fly Away” on the CANADA AM Soundstage.
Tuesday, August 14
• DANIEL POWTER: The musician behind the worldwide #1 Hit “Bad Day” is back with a new album, Turn on the Lights, in stores today. This morning, Powter performs his first single “Cupid” on the CANADA AM Soundstage.
• FUN FACTOR TECHNOLOGY: Marc Saltzman has some cool tech products to keep kids and adults entertained for the last month of summer holidays.
• JULIA CHILD’S BIOGRAPHY: Jessie Hartland is the author of a new biography about beloved chef and TV personality, Julia Child. Bon Appetit! The Delicious Life of Julia Child follows her life from her childhood in Pasadena, through her years as a spy during the Second World War, to the cooking classes in Paris that turned her into one of the most famous chefs in the world.
Wednesday, August 15
• SPECIAL EFFECTS MASTER: Canadian special effects master Gordon Smith is getting his own spotlight at the TIFF Bell Lightbox with a free exhibit opening Friday, August 17th. CANADA AM gets a sneak peek at the exhibit which celebrates his 30-year career of groundbreaking special effects, including his work on X-Men and its sequel X2.
• PEAR: Canadian country music husband-and-wife duo, Lynae & Denis Dufresne are here to perform a song from their album Sweet n’ Gritty, the first offering from their new band Pear. They are nominated for 2012 CCMA Fiddler Player of the Year, and Denis is also nominated for Specialty Instrument (mandolin).
• CLAM BAKE: Summer’s not over yet, so head to the beach or the backyard or the CANADA AM patio where Chef Lynn Crawford demonstrates how to prepare a delicious clam bake.
Thursday, August 16
• SPARKLE: Marci Ien speaks with film’s producer T.D. Jakes about the re-make of this 1976 film that became Whitney Houston’s final on-screen performance, when it was expected to be the film that would have re-launched her career.
• CASEY AFFLECK: Marci Ien chats with Casey Affleck one of the star voices in the new animated film ParaNorman 3D about a boy named Norman who can talk to ghosts.
• AIR NORTH FOOD: When was the last time you got a great in-flight meal? The meals served up by one airline is getting rave reviews from passengers. Now, Chef Michael Bock of Air North shows CANADA AM shows you a gourmet recipe served mile high.
Friday, August 17
• NERVE CENTER: Gemini-winning producer Kathryn Oughtred joins CANADA AM to preview the return of Discovery Channel’s international hit series, including an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the tragic 2011 IndyCar Championships.
• FILM FRIDAY: Richard Crouse reviews new releases Sparkle, The Expendables 2 and ParaNorman 3D.
• SUMMER GRILLIN’: Master of the Grill Naz Cavallaro cooks up some easy and tasty meals for CANADA AM.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416-384-3154 or email@example.com
© 2011 All rights reserved. Bell Media Television